There are two "hidden stats" maintained by the game:
- Lore gives you a chance to identify items without a spell. Increases as you level.
- Luck is a very powerful stat. You can get from 1 to 3 luck points. For each point of luck, you get a +1 to hit, +1 to damage, +1 to saving throw, and +1 HP from healing spells. Opponents get -1 to hit and -1 to damage. Plus you get a small bonus to thief skills, bashing, and weapon speed.
In addition to normal effects of stats, they do the following in Torment:
- High Strength allows for intimidation of some NPC's
- High Intelligence gives extra dialog options, helps regain memories and a bonus to lore
- High Wisdom gives experience bonus (starting at 13), extra dialog options, warnings of danger and luck bonuses (starting at 15)
- High Dexterity gives extra dialog options
- High Constitution allows you to regenerate faster
- High Charisma gives a discount in stores (starting at 16), extra dialog options, increases impact of certain lies and truths and improves certain rewards.
Most statistic checks in the game will succeed for a stat that is 13 or higher.
There are many ways to raise stats as the game progresses.
You can switch between fighter, mage or thief any time you can find someone to train you.
You get a +1 bonus to your primary stat for whichever class you reach 7th level in first.
If you make 12th level first in the same class you first made 7th level, you get the following "super bonus":
- Fighter gets +1 STR, +1 CON, +3 max HP
- Thief gets +2 DEX, +1 Luck
- Mage gets +2 INT, +1 WIS, +5 Lore